Shutze Awards honor architects, designers
Hosted by the Southeast Chapter of the Institute of Classical Architecture and Art, the evening attracted Atlanta’s most distinguished Neo-Classicist architects, designers, landscape and construction specialists and supporters of the Shutze Awards.
Co-chairs Michelle Moody and Barbara Shelton planned the elegant event and a special tribute to the late Bradley Hale, for what was called “his exemplary service to historic preservation and devoted appreciation of classical architecture.”
The 2012 Shutze Awards were presented to Laura Howard DePree, Jim Strickland of Historical Concepts, Peter Block & Associates, Harrison Design Associates and Pak/Heydt Associates for Residential Design; Andrew Cogar of Historical Concepts for Civic Design; Tammy Connor Interior Design and Norman Askins Architects for Interior Design; Michael Dillon for Craftsmanship; D. Stanley Dixon, Inc. for Renovation; and Jeremy Smearman and Shane Griffin of Planters for Landscape Design.
The Shutze Awards are named for the internationally recognized Neoclassical architect Philip Trammell Shutze, whose landmark designs include the circa 1928 Swan House, The Temple on Peachtree Street, the Academy of Medicine and lavish Buckhead estates such as the Carr-Patterson House, Tryggversson once home to Andrew Calhoun and the façade of the Rhodes-Robinson House on West Paces Ferry Road.