Inman Park Festival, April 24-25
The 39th annual Inman Park Spring Festival is set for Saturday, April 24, from 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. and Sunday, April 25, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. There will be food, music, fun, a street market, outrageous parade and the annual tour of homes (which also takes place on Friday, April 23).
The event is sponsored by the Inman Park Neighborhood Association to raise funds for local schools and theaters, and to contribute to the development of Atlanta’s Freedom Park, along with neighborhood improvement and beautification projects.
Here’s some of the highlights of this year’s festival:
- Atlanta’s largest Street Market, offering 200 booths of antique furniture to handcrafted wares.
- A juried arts and crafts show, including more than 100 of the Southeast’s finest artists displaying a wide variety of sculpture, photos, paintings, and mixed-media.
- The city’s quirkiest and most colorful parade, led by the Inman Park Butterfly, followed by floats, bands, art cars, politicians, drill teams, Kelly’s Seed and Feed Marching Abominables, clowns, jugglers, and many more. The parade begins at 2 p.m. on Saturday.
- Live entertainment, including rock-n-roll, blues, swing, jazz, folk, bluegrass, world music. Featured acts will include Webb Wilder, Ike Stubblefield, Tinsley Ellis, Delta Moon, and the Charlie Wooten Project. Includes a stage sponsored by WONDERroot, an Atlanta-based non-profit arts organization committed to uniting artists and community to inspire positive social change
- Inman Park Dance Festival featuring classical and contemporary dance at the Trolley Barn
- Children’s Activities Area returns to Springfield Park with inflatables, face-painting and more.
- A wide variety of food, beverages and beer on sale throughout the festival.
- The annual Tour of Homes features nine houses, two gardens and a church. Tickets are $15 in advance or $20 the day of the festival.
Admission to all festival events is free. Parking is extremely limited, so festival-goers are encouraged to take MARTA to the Inman Park station or catch the shuttle from City Hall East. No pets are allowed at the festival. For more information visit, www.inmanparkfestival.org.
See the entertainment line-up for the Inman Park Festival in our new e-Edition on Page 29.